Monday, April 15, 2013

Public Works: We Have a Problem.

A few minutes after the previous posting reporting the short green light for people wanting to cross Lincoln on a bike, received this from Public Works.

So I called the Caltrans number, left a message, sent a follow up email to Mr. Montelli outlining my dismay at his response, and copied the Mayor. The Mayor stated that a different response was in order. Hopefully the City will add its endorsement to one person's complaint and the recalibration of the traffic light will happen before anyone gets hurt.
Good on you Mayor Canning!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for taking this further. I am glad to see someone fighting for what they think is right and or safe for a community. I have just recently gotten into bike riding and it is so great but I wish it was more safe! I am really hesitant when I am any where near cars. I would like to see more of our cities become truly bike friendly. Do keep us posted on how this turns out. Oh the bureaucracy of city gov..... cs5711

    ReplyDelete